ERAU-Worldwide, in partnership with Pinnacle Solutions, developed the ERAU Hub to serve as an interactive simulation tool to explore the elements, design, and function of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). Throughout this course, you will explore aspects of UAS design and configuration, including interaction and practice using tools found within the Hub. You will also find use of the Virtual Crash Lab which is designed to allow you to interactively inspect a crashed Boeing 737. Inside the Virtual Crash Lab, you will be able to walk around in order to survey the crash site, inspect the fuselage and debris, and take photos. Additionally, you will be able to interview witnesses involved in the crash. Collected evidence is subsequently submitted as assignment deliverable throughout the course.
Note: The application is approximately 80 MB in size. It could take up to 15 minutes to download. You may gauge your download time by checking your internet download speed by visiting Speedtest.net.
Desktop Download & Installation
Click here for further information
- Windows 10, Mac OS 10.12
- Processor 2.5GHz or higher
- 8 GB RAM or Higher
- 1GB Graphics card
- Graphics card which supports DirectX 9 or later
- 250GB Hard Drive space or more
- 3 Mbps download and 1Mbps upload
Instructions for installing on Windows®:
- Download the .exe file for Windows® 7 / 8 / 10
- Right click the downloaded .exe file
- Extract the Zip file to the desktop
- Open the new ERAUHub folder
- Double click the Icon labeled ERAUHub_Windows
Instructions for installing on a Mac®
- Download the zip file for Mac OS® X 10.7 or later
- Extract the folder it contains
- Execute ERAU Hub app within the Mac folder
Mobile Operating System
- iOS 4.0 or later – for iPad Air or newer
- iOS 9 for iPhone 5s or later
- Android 4.1 (KitKat) or later
Select the download link according to your mobile device operating system:
Follow these steps -
- Search for ERAU Hub
- Execute The ERAU Hub
Virtual Reality Download & Installation
The Virtual Reality Hub requires the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift
- Windows™ 7 SP1, Windows™ 8.1 or later or Windows™ 10
- Intel™ Core™ i5-4590 or AMD FX™ 8350, equivalent or better
- 8 GB RAM or more
- NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 480, equivalent or better.
- Video output which has 1x HDMI 1.4 port, or DisplayPort 1.2 or newer
- 250GB Hard Drive space or more
- 3 Mbps download and 1Mbps upload
Instructions for installing on Windows® Virtual Reality Crash Lab
- Download the .zip file for Windows® 7 / 8 / 10
- Right click the downloaded .zip file
- Extract the .zip file to the desktop
- Open the new ERAUHub VR folder
- Double click the VR Icon
Tutorials and Tools
- What is the ERAU Hub?
- What are the system requirements of the ERAU Hub?
- How do I download and install the ERAU Hub?
- How long does it take to download the lab software?
- How do I start the Virtual Hub Labs
- How do I access the tutorial?
- How do I use the ERAU Hub?
- Where do I find the keyboard instructions for the lab?
- How do I export evidence from the lab?
- How large is the download?
- Does the Hub require administrative privileges to install?
- Does the Hub require internet access after I download it?
- Can I use a controller for Assembly Lab Flight?
- Does the Hub require a keycode?
- How do I change the settings in the lab?
- Why isn't the fog slider working in the assembly flight lab?
- What do I do if the lab is running slowly?
- Why is it taking a long time to load into the lab?
- How do I make a ticket for an issue I come across?
- The ERAU Virtual Hub is designed to give students access to a variety of labs that allow the student to interactively learn about the many different aviation subjects.The different labs give the students the opportunity to build, design, and fly a multitude of Unmanned Air Systems as well as learn about all the different sensors and applications. The student will also have the chance to go through different crash scenarios including the interview and data recovery portions of a crashed Boeing 737 Aircraft.
- The system requirements can be found in the first tab on this page labeled "Computer Information & Download Versions".
- The download instructions can be found in the first tab on this page labeled "Computer Information & Download Versions".
- The initial download size is 80MB and can take up to 15 minutes to download depending on your internet speed.
- For Windows Desktop Version, double click the ERAU Hubicon to launch the application. For Mac Desktop Version, the first time you start the ERAU Hub, right click the ERAU Hub Launcher.app file and choose Open. This may display a warning prompt; click Open to continue. After doing this once, you should be able to simply double click the ERAU Hub Launcher.app file to start the ERAU Hub.
- Once you enter any of the Labs a window will pop up prompting you to try out the tutorial or enter the lab without help. At this point you can choose to play the tutorial. This will be found at the beginning of each lab.
- Instructions for using the different Hub features can be found below.
- The keyboard bindings can be found in the setting panel of the assembly lab. You will have the option to change key binding under the imput panel.
- Detailed instructions for exporting data can be found below.
- The download is approximately 80MB.
- Yes the Hub requires administrative privileges to install.
- Once you enter the Hub, in the settings, you will be able to download all the labs. Afterwards an internet connection will not be required.
- A controller can be used for flight within the Assembly Lab.
- The Hub does not require any keycodes. Once downloaded and installed it is ready to use.
- You can change the settings in the lab by clicking the gear in the top left corner.
- Make sure you have post camera processing turned on within the quality tab of the settings.
- If the Virtual Hub is running slowly on your device you may have to reduce the graphic settings. This can be done by pressing the ESC key on the keyboard and clicking on the settings button(a gear) on the top left of the screen. Next click the quality tab on the left side of the settings panel. Finally uncheck Camera Post Processing and change the quality settings from best to good.
- If it is the first time you are opening the lab then it will take a longer time to load due to a first time setup taking place in the background of the application. If the loading time does not improve after the first time starting up each lab then try lowering the graphic settings (which can be seen in the step above).
- Using the Techincal Assistance tab on the top of the page you will find contact information you can use to get help regarding any issues you have with the Virtual Hub.
|Lab Data Export/Save Guides
|Lab In-Depth Guides
||Lab Data Save/Export Videos
- Worldwide Toll Free in the U.S.: 866-227-8325
- Worldwide Outside of the U.S.: +1-386-226-6990
- Email: ITSupport@erau.edu
- Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day, every day